Calendar parking to go into effect November 15th – ‘read more’ for the details from the Clinton city ordinances.
Calendar parking shall be activated with the occurrence of a Snow Event, which is defined as the accumulation of one inch (1”) or more of snow upon the public right-of-way.
1. During the period from November 15th through March 15th, when a Snow Event has occurred, parking is restricted in the public right-of-way to alternate sides of the roadway in the following manner:
a. On odd-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped or left standing on that side of the roadway having odd-numbered addresses.
b. On even-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped or left standing on that side of the roadway having even-numbered addresses.
2. A Snow Event will remain in effect for 24 hours after the snow has stopped.
3. The hours for calendar parking will be from 9 A.M. to 6 A.M. Vehicles will have three (3) hours to be moved to the correct side of the roadway to avoid risk of civil citation.
4. The date at 6 A.M. shall determine if the day is odd or even.
5. During a Snow Emergency, Calendar Parking shall be in effect – except on designated snow routes where no parking will be permitted until the Snow Emergency has been cancelled.
6. This ordinance shall not apply to commercial districts where parking is designated on both sides of the street.
Please contact Public Works with any questions: 242-0261.