Lieutenant Eric Hosette Memorial Service is scheduled to take place on Saturday, January 12, 2019, at 11:30 a.m. (CST) at 500 Riverview Driver, Riverview Park Clinton Iowa 52732 next to the Band Shell. Read more for the details of parking, routes and much more
Please make plans to arrive and use the below designated parking areas since there will be limited parking in/around/on the Riverfront unless vehicle has a pass. In addition, arrive early to park and ride due to estimated attendance that will include 150-200 Tier 1-3 Fire Fighting, EMS and Safety Vehicles and 5000 or more attendees.
Finally, bundle up. The Ceremony is planned for one (1) hour and it will be 30 degrees with snow flurries. Plus the procession may take up to 30 minutes to get onto the route. Once the procession has departed, the buses will be available to move personnel to the designated parking lots. There will warming areas at Lumberking Stadium, the Candlelight and the Swimming pool area along with designed bathroom facilities in the park. There is a designated command area established if anyone isn’t feeling well (with plenty of medics on hand) and the Salvation Army will have an area set up with hot chocolate. The Rotarians will have Fireman Prayer cards, programs and be able to move personnel around via golf cart if there are any medical issues.
To assist in attending the Memorial Service:
– Parking Areas; to allow citizens to ride on designated buses to and from the Service (remember the color of the parking area to allow you to return to your vehicle)
#1 RED City Hall Parking Lot 6th Ave South and So. 3rd Street
#2 BLUE Clinton School District Maintenance 7th Ave So and So 5th Street
#3 GREEN Prince of Peace Auditorium 9th Ave So and So 5th St.
#4 BROWN CCC Parking 1000 Lincoln Blvd.
#5 PURPLE Clinton School district sports Complex 4th Street – old Ashford stadium
#6 ORANGE Big River Packaging 1905 Lincoln Way
– Once Service concludes, here is the Procession Route
– Finally, the impact on City of Clinton Streets by the Funeral Procession
On January 12, 2019 the following streets within the City of Clinton will be impacted by the funeral procession for Lt. Eric Hosette. River Front Drive will be closed to motor vehicle traffic beginning at 6:00 A.M. on 01/12/19.
Riverfront Park will remain closed to motor vehicle traffic, until the conclusion of the funeral services, which are estimated to be concluded by 2:30 P.M.
During the funeral procession, the roadways listed below are likely to incur lengthy delays between 12:30 P.M. and 2:30 P.M. Motorists planning to traverse any portion of procession route are encouraged to consider alternate routes. There will be officers directing traffic along the funeral procession, we ask that motorists be patient, as the officers will be doing their best to keep traffic moving and keeping everyone safe.
* Riverfront Drive: 9th Ave No to 5th Ave So (Closed)
* 5th Avenue South: Riverfront to 3rd Street (Westbound Lanes)
* 3rd Street: 5th Ave So to 3rd Ave So (Closed)
* 4th Street: 2nd Ave So to 11th Ave So (Closed)
* Camanche Avenue: 1th Ave So to S 14th Street (Closed)
* S. 14th Street: Camanche Ave to Bluff Blvd (North Bound Lanes)
* Bluff Blvd: S.14th Street to 2nd Ave So (Northbound Lanes)
* 2nd Ave So: Bluff Blvd to 2nd Street (Eastbound Lanes)
* 2nd Street: 2nd Ave So to 23rd Ave No (Northbound Lanes)
* 23rd Ave No: 2nd Street to Roosevelt St (Closed)
* Roosevelt Street: 23rd Ave No to Main Ave (Closed)
* Main Ave (Hwy 136): Roosevelt Street to 16th St. NW (Westbound Lanes)
There will be medical aircraft flying over the area of the funeral services, to honor Lt. Eric Hosette, so we are asking citizens and media to refrain from the use of unmanned aircraft (Drones).